Have you tried creating a library lesson with Powtoon?
I just created my first Powtoon, to save myself from repeating my library orientation over and over and over. Here it is.
Why do I love Powtoon as a teaching tool?
- My students paid attention. It was a cartoon!
- I made it once, then I didn’t have to repeat myself endlessly explaining library expectations.
- I can post this video to my LibGuide, so students, teachers, and parents can view it anytime.
- There are templates, so you don’t have to start from scratch.
- There are excellent graphics and animations that you can easily drag into your ‘toon.
- I could record my own voice for the narration, so my video made sense to struggling readers. They didn’t have to keep up with all the text.
- It was FUN to create a cartoon!
Want to try it yourself? Because Powtoon loves teachers who use technology in their classrooms, they are giving away free education accounts! (a $96 value) Here is a special link for us to use! http://bit.ly/2wtyPp2
I found some more examples of Powtoons created by librarians. Check these out for inspiration!
After sharing my Powtoon video this week, I’ve asked my students if they’d like to learn how to create one of their own. The answer was a resounding thumbs up! Don’t you think this would be a terrific way for students to review a book or share what they’ve learned about a research topic?
If you decide to create a Powtoon for YOUR library lessons, please share a link either in a comment or in our Learning Librarians Facebook group! I can’t wait to see what you make!